Fundraising Specialist (m/f/d) – Key Markets Support bei UNICEF im Homeoffice
The Private Sector Fundraising (PSFR) section within PFP works with National Committees and UNICEF Country Offices to maximize income and drive income growth. The purpose of the Individual Giving Fundraising team is to drive income growth from Individuals as part of an integrated Individual recruitment and engagement strategy.
Part of this strategy is focusing on exploring new and innovative ways of fundraising in new and existing markets, including developing new channels and methods for acquisition of donors and in providing strategic support and capacity building to key national committees seeking to accelerate growth of new pledge donor revenue streams. The purpose of this position is to support those efforts, with a specific focus on the German speaking markets.
This assignment requires frequent travel to Geneva, Switzerland and to visit Individual Giving teams within the German speaking markets.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the general guidance of the Individual Giving Manager, the incumbent will work closely together with the identified German speaking National Committees to maximize local Individual giving fundraising.
The incumbent will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Development of new and innovative ways for pledge donor acquisition in German speaking countries, including (but not exhaustive):
- Research into and mapping of successful acquisition channels and -methods in other countries and businesses
- Analysis of relevant trends
- Realization of Creative-/Innovation-Workshops
- Development and realization of pilot projects (channels and/or methods)
- Undertaking of feasibility studies and business cases for potential roll outs
- Assisting, where relevant and in coordination with NCs, in rolling out new ideas
- Evaluating pilot project and asses the future potential for UNICEF and NC
Deliverables include defining and driving, under the guidance of the Head of Individual Giving in Geneva as well as The Head of Individual Giving in the German NatCom new Innovation projects to be rolled out in the German market. In addition, the role will assist the Head of IG in Geneva in assessing the potential of any new ideas tested for rolling out in other markets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University / Business School degree in Business Management, Communication, Marketing, Inter-national Relations, Social Sciences or equivalent professional work experience in Fundraising Min-imum 5 years of fundraising experience in local or international NGO, including sound experience in the field of pledge/recurring giving donor fundraising
- Fluency and excellent writing and editing skills in English and German.
- Digitally savvy with good knowledge about trends and developments
- Strong analytical and creative skills 2
- Strong commitment and innovative spirit, highly passionate about developing new paths
- Experience in project management (incl. project lead) and innovation processes
- Profound communication and team working skills
- Ability to work independently and to meet tight deadlines
UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and core competencies in Com-munication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competen-cies.pdf
ESTIMATED DURATION OF THE CONTRACT AND PROPOSAL
The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Individual Giving Manager in Geneva. The incumbent will provide support and recommendations to the National Committee Individual Giving management.
Home-based, frequent travel: to Geneva, Switzerland and to visit Individual Giving teams within the German speaking markets.
Please indicate your ability, availability and gross daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered. Also, please mention the earliest date you can start.
Taxation: UNICEF and the United Nations accept no liability for any taxes, duty or other contribution payable by the consultant and individual contractor on payments made under this contract. Neither UNICEF nor the United Nations will issue a statement of earn-ings to the consultant and individual contractor.