Programme Development Advisor (m/w/*) – West Africa at IRC (International Rescue Committee) in Bonn/Berlin
IRC (International Rescue Committee) Deutschland is looking for a
Programme Development Advisor (m/f/d) – West Africa
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC’s mission is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. The International Rescue Committee Deutschland is part of the IRC global network, which has its headquarters in New York. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through 26 regional offices in cities across the United States, and 15 countries in Europe, the IRC also helps refugees resettle, integrate and become self-sufficient. The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
Since 2016 IRC is active in Germany with offices in Berlin and Bonn. IRC Deutschland supports the organisation’s global activities, particularly to diversify its donor base, to better advocate with German policy-makers and to raise the profile of the IRC in Germany. As part of our Award Management Unit, we are currently looking for a Programme Development Advisor (m/f/d) for the West Africa region to support country programmes and the regional team with programme development and proposal work.
- Develop and support the design of business development plans and strategy
- Ensure upcoming regional donor engagement opportunities are identified and assessed
- Lead in the development of donor proposals by ensuring their completeness and that quality standards, compliance and deadlines are met
- Write and edit non-technical sections of proposals
- Review final donor proposals, including budgets, before submission
- Interpret donor solicitations, rules and regulations
- Manage, review and negotiate grant contract and partnership agreements
- Participate in and deliver training sessions for regional and Technical Unit workshops
- Point of liaison between field teams and headquarter in all programme development related matters – gather information for field teams
- University (of applied sciences) degree or equivalent experience in a field relevant to IRC’s work
- Experience of working in development and/or humanitarian contexts
- Significant experience in developing and managing project concepts and funding proposals for humanitarian/development work (for international NGOs) from government/statutory donors
- Experience in proposal budgeting
- Fluency in French and English language is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively manage a variety of relationships in a multicultural environment
- Support spirit as this role almost exclusively supports colleagues in the field
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to travel internationally (up to 20% of time)
- A permanent employment contract
- Room to develop in growing international NGO
- Being part of a highly motivated and skilled team
- Participation in internal trainings and other development opportunities
- Agile working: Flexible working hours and working from home
- An attractive compensation package, including employee benefits such as free gym membership, cycle to work scheme and public transportation subsidies
Please submit your application (cover letter and CV in English, minimum three references) via IRCs application platform. Please note that applications submitted via E-Mail cannot be considered.
For questions and detailed information about the role, please contact Christine Mader (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This position will be advertised until it has been filled. There is no application deadline.
For further information, please visit IRCDeutschland.de.
IRC-D strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC-D is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.